When you are not sure what to buy, a gift card is the perfect choice! Select your denomination and choose to pick up or have your card delivered to you. These cards can be used on our website or in person.
Terms & Conditions
Handy Things Personalized Gift card Agreement
Please read this Agreement carefully
The following terms and conditions apply to your use of the gift card. By purchasing you are agreeing to these terms and conditions as outlined below.
Card Information: For card information, such as up-to-date terms and conditions or balance, Use the link sent to the email address provided or call 519-290-3967.
- Card can be used only to purchase goods and services at htpstore.ca or when purchasing in person just present the card.
- Card is not reloadable;
- Card is not refundable in whole or in part;
- Card is not redeemable for cash.
- Your Card may be deactivated at any time if fraud, related to your Card or use of your Card, is suspected.
- The funds on your Card may not be available for use for the first twenty-four (24) hours after purchase.
Card Expiry and Access to Balance: Your right to use the funds loaded onto the Card does not expire. Use the code sent to the email provided or call 519-290-3967 for your balance. Once the funds on the card are depleted, the card can be discarded.
Card funds are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC).
Lost or stolen Card: You take all reasonable precautions to protect your Card against loss, theft, or unauthorized use. If your Card has been lost or stolen, or if you have reason to believe that someone has made an unauthorized transaction with your Card or may attempt to use your Card without your permission, you must notify us IMMEDIATELY by 519-290-3967. All transactions carried out on your Card before you notify us will be considered to have been authorized by you.
Detailed terms and conditions
- “Agreement” means the terms and conditions set out in this Cardholder Agreement, which govern your use of the Card.
- “Applicable Law” means the Trust and Loan Companies Act (Canada), the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada), the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA), or any other statute, regulation or operating rule of any Governmental Authority or any other regulatory authority that Peoples Trust Company and the Distributor are subject to.
- “Balance” means the value of the remaining funds on the Card.
- “Card” means the Handy things personalized giftcard.
- “Cardholder” means an individual who purchased or uses the Card.
- “Governmental Authority” means any federal, provincial, territorial, regional, municipal or local governmental authority, quasi-governmental authority (including the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions), government organization, commission, board, professional agency, tribunal, organization, or any regulatory, administrative or other agency, or any political or other subdivision, department, or branch of any of the foregoing, in each case to the extent it has jurisdiction over any Person, property, transaction, activity, event or other matter related to this Agreement. The above definition is deemed to include any interim or permanent transferee or successor of a Government Authority’s underlying mandate, function or activity.
- “Transaction Amount” means the amount that is debited from the Balance in connection with the Cardholder’s use of the Card to purchase goods or services, which includes the amount of the Balance to be transferred, and the taxes imposed to complete the transaction.
- “we”, “us”, “our”, “Handy things personalized”, and “Issuer” each mean Handy Things Personalized.
- “Website” means www.htpstore.ca
- “you”, “your”, and “yours”, each means the Cardholder.
The Gift Card: The Card is a stored-value, prepaid card that can be used as payment for goods and services from Handy things personalized, in accordance with this Agreement. The Card can be used to pay the full amount of the purchase and applicable taxes and shipping, so long as the Balance remaining on the Card is sufficient. The Card is, and will remain, the property of Handy Things personalized. This Card is not a credit card, charge card, or debit card, and its usage will not enhance or improve your credit rating. No interest dividends or other earnings or returns will be paid on the Card. Neither the Card nor the Balance is a deposit account. You have no right to write cheques on, or demand repayment of, the outstanding Balance on the Card, but are strictly limited to the right to use the Card in accordance with this Agreement as payment for goods and services from Handy Things personalized.
Use of the Card: You are solely and completely responsible for the possession, use and control of the Card. If you authorize another person to use the Card, you will be liable for all transactions arising from use of the Card by such person. To use the Card, simply present the Card at the time of payment or enter the number on the back as a coupon on our website www.htpstore.ca You should retain the receipt as a record of the transaction. As you use the Card, the Card’s Balance will be reduced by the full amount of each purchase including taxes, charges and other fees, if any. We strongly recommend that you keep the receipt that was provided to the purchaser of the Card and that you write down the Card number and the customer service number in case the Card is lost or stolen. You do not have the right to stop the payment of any transaction you conduct with the Card.
Activating the Card: The Card has no value until it is activated; which can take up to 24 hours after purchase.
Notification and change of terms: Subject to the limitations of Applicable Law, we may at any time change or remove any of the terms and conditions of, or add new terms or conditions to this Agreement, except that we will never add any new fees to your Card. We will post any such changes, as well as the most recent version of this Agreement, on the Website. You are responsible for checking our Website for such notifications.
Purchase Disputes and Refunds: If you have a question or a problem about a posted transaction (for example, a transaction that appears to be a duplicate transaction) you must notify us immediately and no later than sixty (60) days from the date of the transaction or you will be deemed to have accepted such posted transaction. You must tell us your Card number, the date and dollar amount of the error, and explain as clearly as possible why you believe there is an error. We will investigate and will notify you of the results of our investigation within seven(7) business days. If there is a dispute in regard to services or purchases made, it will be settled directly between you and Handy Things personalized. If you are entitled to a refund for any reason for goods and services obtained with the Card, the merchant may choose to post the refund to the Card.
Website and Availability: Although considerable effort is expended to make the Website and other operational and communications channels available around the clock, we do not warrant these channels to be available and error free at all times. You agree that we will not be responsible for temporary interruptions in service due to maintenance or Website changes or failures, nor shall we be liable for extended interruptions due to failures beyond our control, including but not limited to the failure of interconnecting and operating systems, computer viruses, forces of nature, labour disputes or armed conflicts.
Governing Law: The parties agree that any claim or action brought pursuant to this Agreement will be brought in the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ontario and this Agreement will be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
Severability: If any of the terms of this Agreement are invalid, changed by Applicable Law or declared invalid by order of court or regulatory authority, the remaining terms of this Agreement shall not be affected, and this Agreement shall be interpreted as if the invalid terms had not been included in this Agreement.
Contact Information: If you have questions regarding the Card, or need to report a lost or stolen Card, you may call 519-290-3967 or write to: Handy things personalized at 51 Fyfe ave, Woodstock, Ontario N4S 3S5
Effective date: August 1, 2021